Saturday, October 26, 2013

Bye bye baby!

Now that Case is 2, I feel like my baby is gone. Sure he still sleeps in a crib, wears diapers, and occasionally will snuggle with me, but for the most part, he is a fiercely independent little man! I have found myself mumbling under my breath " I love 2" when he is throwing a tantrum in the grocery store, unbuckling the stroller while I am trying to race around the mall for something, or his constant "No's or mine" that are his favorite words. It's in these "terrible two" moments, I have to remind myself, that I do love 2! He is learning so much right now! His vocabulary has exploded, his interests are starting to be more defined and he is a little smarty pants with a teasing sense of humor. I could just eat him up! Although when I give him kisses he wipes them off and laughs at me! God I love him! 



Now that he has turned 2, he had to move up to the next room in daycare, "moonbeams" We have both grown to love his teacher Marilyn and will miss her and his friends in his old room. When I ask him who he played with at school this week he still names his old friends! We'll have to work on some new names!

They tell me he has transitioned well and is very interested when someone else goes potty but wants nothing to do with sitting on it yet! Maybe it is because he doesn't have his pink princess gloves on at school!
He had his 2 year well child checkup last week weighing in at 28.8 lbs (59%) and is 35 inches tall (97%). Dr Steve was pleased to hear the paci is gone (went cold turkey!) and all looks good! 

Here are some fun facts about our Stinky Casearooni! 
1. He LOVES tools! He has been hammering away at our new house and trying to take apart any toys with batteries!
2. He can throw a football better than some professional (or at least college) quarterbacks.
3. He LOVES to play in Claire's jewelry and dress up clothes (hence the princess gloves on the potty)
4. He has a wicked single leg take down already! 
5. He loves to watch football and yells at the top of his lungs GO GO GO when someone is running the football and will say "Oh man" when they get tackled.
6. He loves technology and can figure out how to run the iPod, cell phones, and grandma's iPad. 
7. There isn't a food he won't eat! 
8. He is still a great napper and sleeper..now if only the middle one would take note of this! 
9. He is starting to put 3-4 words understandable words together! 
10. He is freakishly resembles his older brother!


No matter how old he gets, he will still be my sweet baby boy! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is such a cutie!! Love those those cheeks!