Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Great Iowa State Fair!

It really should be one of the 7 wonders of the world in my opinion! The older two and I spent sun up to sundown exploring the Iowa State fair. The kids loved every minute of it (except when we were minutes away from witnessing a baby calf being born..too many questions with "that's gross" as the comment to my answers. So glad I grew up on a farm to better help my kids understand the birthing process...:) 

We didn't try any new foods on a stick this year, and stuck to our old favorites, ice cream from the dairy barn, corn dogs, fried snickers on a stick, warm donut holes, frozen lemonade and cheese curds. 



I remember doing spin art when I was a kid at the fair..it only cost 50 cents then! 

Little hands on the farm!


Turning in their crops for a special treat at the store! 

This year the butter sculpture along with the butter cow was Abraham Lincoln which in one of Carter's favorite people! Unfortunately the line was so long that day, we only got a glimpse of him and no photo! 

Until next year great fair! We will miss you! 

No comments: