Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Birthday girl takes a big trip!

Look who's 40!!! WOW! I am going with the theme that 40 is the new 20! March 24, 2015 came and went and I feel no different! Whew! I think this day was more difficult for my mom who kept saying, " I can't believe I have a 40 year old daughter!" 

I had a super fun day spoiled by my co-workers, dinner at Red Lobster with my mom and sister and a big surprise from Jeremy! A little get away trip to Vegas! What a lucky girl I am! 


Jeremy went all out with the upgraded room at Caesers' Palace. It was fun staying there as the decorations and statues reminded us of our trip to Italy a few years ago!


We were both thrilled to see Elton John was performing at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace and knew we had to take this probably once in a lifetime chance to see him. He didn't disappoint! What an amazing musician! 

 The second night we were there, we were getting ready to go to the show Absinthe and ran into this guy walking out of Louis Vuitton!  Jeremy was on cloud 9 the rest of the trip. Mike Tyson is definitely someone Jeremy has always wanted to meet! He has several autographed posters/pictures of him in our wrestling room, has read his autobiography and other books about him and his life. Tyson was very nice and had a very firm handshake with those big hands of his! He thanked Jeremy for being a fan of his! I was super nervous taking the picture as I knew I only had one chance to get it right! 
 The last time we were in Vegas was for our wedding in 2002. The town has changed a lot since then, but one thing was the same, the Garden Wedding Chapel we were married in at the Flamingo Hotel. We had fun reenacting our wedding day and locating the spots we had our pictures taken. It looks exactly the same! 
 One of the must see sights in Vegas is the lighted fountain show at night at the Bellagio. We were there 3 nights never saw the same show. It's so magical!



The rest of the trip we spent walking up and down the strip, laying by the pool and stuffing ourselves with good food and drinks. It was so nice to get away for a long weekend. We hadn't been anywhere together, alone since before Case was born! Yikes! So good to reconnect with each other! Thanks to our family for helping with the kids so we could go! 

No comments: