Friday, October 3, 2014

Carter is 9!!

I can't believe 9 years has passed since this guy came into our lives and made me a mom. He is such a kind boy who tries his best at whatever he encounters. I am so grateful for him and his kind spirit. His birthday fell on a Friday this year, so he opted to have a few friends sleep over. The plan was to take them to Skyzone to burn off some energy, only to find out it was closed for a private party. So, we scrambled to find something else to keep them entertained and spent the evening knocking down some pins during glow bowling at Warrior Lanes followed by some pizza! 



One thing we learned about 9 year old boys is they have a TON of energy and smell BAD! They came in from playing football drenched in sweat/swampy yard smelling so bad I thought I was going to gag! They of course didn't notice it! At one point, Carter came upstairs and told me he thought Case wet his pants because his room smelled bad! NOPE! Just sweaty boys! UGH! They had a blast until I had to turn on my mean mom voice at 2 am and tell them to go to bed, only to have them back up at 7 am! SERIOUSLY!?? 



The following Sunday we had family over for cake and more presents after flag football.


The obsession with giant stuffed animals continues! 




Year 9 favorites! 

Favorite food: Pepperoni rolls
Favorite color: Orange
Favorite movie: Dumb and Dumber
Favorite book: Guinness Book of World Records
Favorite sport: wrestling
Favorite team: Nebraska 
Favorite school subject: PE
Favorite thing to do: Play outside with my friends
What do you want to be when you grow up? An Olympic champion
Where would you like to go on vacation? Disney world 

No comments: