Friday, May 24, 2013

My brave girl!

Claire has been saying for quite some time that she has wanted to cut her hair. I was not ready. I kept using the excuse that she had to have it long for her dance recital. Well, the recital is over and she has been persistent. So, after asking many times, are you sure? Do you understand it won't be long anymore? Once it is cut, it will be gone? Yes mom, yes mom, yes mom! So I made an appointment with our hairdresser and she measured her hair and she had plenty to donate to Locks of Love and STILL get it into a ponytail! After asking the round of questions one more time and even pausing with the scissors before she snipped it....SHE DID IT! I am so proud of her! It looks super cute on her, although it makes her look so old! She has been busy flipping it around and trying on different headbands and clips! She even got a stuffed teddy bear from Cheryl with the Locks of Love logo on it and her picture taken for the local paper. I am not sure she fully understands what she has done or where her hair is going, but no matter, I am very proud of her for being so brave to try something new and also to help another little girl have beautiful golden locks.  












No comments: