Sunday, December 2, 2012

Change

Change is inevitable, if we don't change, we don't grow, if we don't grow, we aren't really living. We've experienced many changes lately. Our baby Case (yes he will probably be baby Case until he is at least 18) had to make the big move a couple of weeks ago from the infant room to the toddler room at daycare. I'm never sure who this is hardest on, the kiddo, mom or their caregiver. Many tears were shed on this big day. Case has spent the last 9 months of his life with our beloved Joy. She also took care of Claire as an infant and is truly the best. It makes me feel better about the whole daycare thing when I know he is so well taken care of by her. I know other parents probably think this too, but I know Case is her favorite! Joy has tried to convince me to have another baby just so she can care for my kids! Umm..I love her to pieces but NO THANK YOU! He is getting settled into his new room with his new teacher Marilyn and doing well. It was a rough first couple of days, but he is adjusting and making new friends! 




There have been a few changes on the home front as well! I had some time off last week and made a ton of changes to our house! We have been busy "depersonalizing" our home in preparation to sell it. All of our photos have come down, boring "neutral" paint now adorns the walls. It is bittersweet to think of all the memories we have made in this house we have called home for nearly 9 years. I had a few teary moments this past week while turning the room that has always been the "baby's" room into a new room for Claire. My mom and I decorated that room for Carter's arrival. I remember searching high and low for the right decorations, bedding, etc to make it special for our new baby. Many nights I spent in that room rocking a baby. It was hard to "let it go". Now 7 years later I think the house was trying to tell me to leave it alone as I couldn't get the wallpaper off! Ha ha! Finally after many late nights and a few blisters, Claire now has her own room and the boys now share a room! It was fun to pick out some girlie things for her after sharing a room with Carter for the last year, but hard to not go overboard since we are moving! So far the bedtime routine has gone off without a hitch with everyone in their new place! 
 She looks so big in this little bed! 

The season's are changing with the passing of Thanksgiving and onto Christmas. Our resident elf Sam has made his appearance, although he seems to be a very lazy elf this year as he keeps forgetting to move each night! I am running out of excuses to tell the kids why this seems to be his favorite spot! 

The trees (yes plural...we put up 4) are up and adored with special ornaments. 

Case is having a hay day redecorating the big tree. I gave up telling him "No, don't touch" It is so precious to see him waddle over to the tree and stare at it and ever so gently touch it and then look back to see if it is okay. 
The kids and I toured the Festival of Trees and Lights last week. This is a local fundraiser for Blank Children's hospital. The work that goes into decorating these trees is unbelievable! The kids each voted for their favorite tree. In true Claire fashion, she picked the pink one decorated with ballerina shoes and tutu's. 

Carter went for the all blue tree, "Just because I like blue" Good enough!
The kids got to play some games and decorate a cookie before leaving. Santa was also there but when I asked if they wanted to see him, I got a firm "NO!" I am hoping they brave up soon and want to see Santa and tell them what they want because I have no idea!



Change is good. The serenity prayer reminds of that. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference." 


No comments: