Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring break

Carter had spring break the last week of March and needless to say I was dreading it. I had visions of arguing, fighting, lots of crying and whining going on and many hours spent in time out! Jeremy and I were able to split the week up with our work schedules so it actually turned out pretty well! The weather was really nice all week so we took advantage of the warm weather.

Heading to the park. Claire pretty much wears her helmet anytime she is outside. I think I have the child brainwashed! She has been know to tell other kids in the neighborhood to wear their helmets. Atta girl! I am thinking Case should be the one with the helmet on if Claire is in charge of the stroller! 
Just as we were getting back from a walk, the skies opened up and it down poured. Against my better motherly judgement, I let these two run wild in it and I think it was the best part of their week! 

On Tuesday, we ventured out to the Science Center of Iowa. The kids favorite part was these huge tanks of bubbles! They also had fun building paper rockets, racing lego cars, watching a movie in the sky lab, and watching a "fire" works show. 
We got to spend an evening at our favorite local hotel/waterpark thanks to my cousin Patty and her family visiting us from Minneapolis. 
What's a vacation without yummy Coldstone ice cream? 
\
My little chocoholic!  

The kids rounded out the week with dad, going to a movie and Monkey Joes. I have to give them credit, I didn't have to put my referee skills to work and we had a great week! 

No comments: