Sunday, October 12, 2008

THIS AND THAT.....

Where did the week go? And the bigger question..where did my maternity leave go? I am headed back to work on Tuesday with a very heavy heart. I took Claire over to meet her new babysitter, Margaret on Tuesday and was on the verge of tears the whole time. Nothing against Margaret, she is a wonderful lady who comes highly recommended, it is the thought of leaving my baby girl for 9-10 hours a day in someone elses care. Very hard to stomach when you are used to spending 24/7 with them. My mom keeps reminding me it is much harder on the parents than the children, nice advice mom since you were lucky enough to stay home with us when we were little! :) I thought since I had been through this before it would be a little easier, yeah right!


Anyway, on a happier note, Claire continues to be all smiles and experienced some "firsts" this week. She has finally decided she can use her legs to move herself around. She rolled from her back onto her side twice this week and has also decided she doesn't like whatever position I put her in for nap and bedtime, because when I go into to check on her she has made a 180 degree turn with her head at the opposite end that I put her at! She also made her first trip to the pumpkin patch. I think the bumpy hay rack ride did her in as she threw up all over my sister when it was all over! Way to go Claire bear! Carter got to enjoy Howell's pumpkin patch twice this week, once with his preschool class and once with us. This is such a great little place. His favorite parts were the pedal tractors, playing in the corn pit and chasing grandma and Aunt Darcie around the straw maze.











Lastly, we are still kicking around the red balloons if anyone is wondering. Jeremy's surprise for this week's Husker party was this very delicious chocolate cake. The cake was great, game not so great!


Oh yeah, I almost forgot! I successfully lost my son for about 10 minutes this week only to find him hiding in the toybox outside! He wasn't lost he told me, just playing hide-n-seek! We had a long talk about making sure the person seeking you knows you are hiding! :)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Dana--I am sad that you have to go back to work! Thanks for sharing all these photos...maybe just revisit your blog on Tuesday when you're feeling sad!

Michel Family said...

Dana.. sorry to hear that you have to go back to work. I know that must be hard. The kids are really getting big. Logan is not walking yet, but I always fear that when he does he will be too fast for me and get away and I too will not be able to find him. Pictures look great keep updating the blog. I have added some things on my this week.