Monday, October 20, 2008

REFLECTIONS

When I started this blog, my goal was to update it at least weekly, well as you can see from my last 2 entries, I am getting a day behind each week! My other goal was to use this as a reflection of our week. As I was thinking about this my mind wandered to "What was I doing this time last year?" then I go on and on and try to remember past October's. Have I turned into my dad? I can hear him saying...I remember October of 1979....etc, etc. Anyway, it was fun to think back to a year ago, as at this time, Jeremy and I were in Italy celebrating our 5 year anniversary. So I had to pull out some pics to share with everyone.



Overlooking Vernazza, Italy and part of the trail to hike there!









Looking down the Grand Canal from Rialto Bridge, Venice, Italy



Throwing a coin into Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy



Another great memory of this past week in October was running my first (and only so far) marathon. It is so hard to believe that was 8 years ago. I think of this experience often as it was very rewarding for me to set a goal and work long and hard to achieve it. I still tell myself today I can accomplish anything..I've run a marathon! It was also a great time to spend with my very close friends the St. Clair's. We shared many laughs, some tears, a few blisters, and giggles over bodily functions only other runners can understand. I am forever grateful to them for taking me on as a training partner! Love you guys!



Now for this week! I headed back to work on Tuesday and found this very thoughtful note and present on my desk.



It was good to get back into a routine and see my co-workers again. I was able to drop Claire off for her first day at Margaret's on Tuesday. I only called her twice that day to find everything was fine. It was good to hear but it still didn't make it any easier. I think I walked around work all day in a fog with red eyes and baby on the brain. I felt sorry for my patients as my mind just wasn't into it. I kept telling myself, get your work done and get out of here to go see her!



This week she began to bat at her toys in her gym and is making new sounds of "ah and oh" I think she might have laughed this week too, but I'm not sure if I heard her right so I didn't officially put it down in her baby book. She continues to make us all smile with her big grins and dimples.


Lastly, this is the picture of the week. Jeremy took this picture of Carter sitting on the deck in his chair. Carter drug it out of the toybox all by himself, set it up, and just sat there...wondering what he was reflecting on.......



3 comments:

Megan and Shawn said...

I love the family pictures, I especially love the one of Claire smiling! So cute... Carter is such a fun little boy, I love that he just takes time to sit and think - we love him. Thanks again for coming on Sunday, it meant a lot to us to have you guys there! You are the best.

Michel Family said...

I love the the blog, especially the family photos as your title. You are doing a great job on posting new and exciting things on the blog. The kids are really growning fast. I was just thinking that it seems like a few days ago that we came home with Logan and now he is 6-months.
Thanks! for sharing your family life with us.

ParaMarie said...

I found you! Well, actually, you gave me the directions to get here, but I'm so glad you did. The family pics in your header are precious! It feels good to reconnect with you.
Take care friend,
Erin from ISU