Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Double digits!


Not sure how it is possible to have a kiddo who is a decade old! We started partying Friday night with a sleepover and amazingly they got to bed at a decent time! Then Saturday he wanted to do the horseback ride again this year at Jester park with Aunt Darcie (he let me go along too) and it was a PERFECT day for it! So beautiful! 





Being wise beyond his years, he opted out of the big friend party we offered to instead get the expensive gift he wanted, which was an Ipad mini. Yes, we are finally dialed into technology! We may never see him again!


Cash and I-tunes! 
Thanks to everyone who sent a card, special gift or sweet birthday message! 

His birthday also fell on the Iowa/Iowa State game day, so it was fitting he picked an Iowa State ice cream cake! Now if only ISU would have won it would have been the best birthday ever! 


As Carter gets older and definitely more independent it makes me super sad and happy all at once. Although we butt heads often, I feel confident he is a Godly, respectful, caring, honest, hardworking young man. I got an amazing email from his teacher last week commenting on not only what an incredible student he is but a great helper, leader and friend to everyone he his! It was so heartwarming to hear these affirmations about my son! Love him to pieces! And although I still tuck him in at night and kiss his forehead ( covered in long hair...YIKES) he wouldn't be caught dead letting his friends know this goes on! hee hee! Happy Birthday Buddy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is getting so "mature" looking! It just kills me. I love that he opted out of the friends party for the iPad - that is so something Sam would do.