Wednesday, July 10, 2013

House progress!

Our new home is coming along nicely! Although we don't have a closing date yet (arggg) it appears??? it will be done the last week of July. We close on our house August 6th, but need to be out sooner than that for new carpet to be laid in our current house. I have new furniture arriving July 31st so I am praying it is done by then! Although it seems to be a little behind schedule due to the wet spring we had, the builder assures me that now it is all "closed" in, it will come together quickly. It is amazing how quick they can work when the weather cooperates. I drove by one afternoon after work and the roofers were there getting started, the next day we had a complete roof! The mechanicals are all in now, tubs and showers arrived last week. When I stopped by today, they were getting ready to drywall! 

Kids sitting in the garage! 
Back side of house




Front of house before and after siding and windows! 

 Great room with corner fireplace

Framework of kitchen

 Framework of walkout basement, when finished will have 2 bedrooms, family room, storage room, bathroom and game closet 
People keep asking me if it has been hard to pick things out for the house. Honestly, no! It really has been fairly easy. We have stayed within our budget for each area (flooring, cabinets, granite, etc) so that limits our choices and from those choices, we have been able to narrow things down to 2 pretty easily. The one thing I am totally STRUGGLING with picking is the paint colors! Here is my current sample stash! I almost wish we could have the painters come back after we close once we get a feel for the house, the lighting and the furniture before picking a color! No such luck! 

Meanwhile, I am starting to pack up what I can, collect boxes, continue to get rid of things we don't need or never use! I am still overwhelmed at the amount of stuff we have! 

No comments: