Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter blessings

Easter was early this year, I am late in blogging! We had a busy weekend, enjoying an amazing church service on Saturday afternoon (our church held 9 services with nearly 24,000 people attending Easter weekend). It is so amazing to go to church on a Saturday afternoon thinking you will have a great seat only to feel the love and presence of God at a full house! 



The nearly impossible task of capturing a decent picture where everyone is looking, no sun in the eyes, eyes open, no hair in the face, no goofy smiles, yep these are my blessings, imperfections and all! 


After church we changed out of our Saturday best and dyed our Easter eggs. 


The beginnings of a meltdown as he is impatiently waiting for a turn with the dye. He has perfected the pouty face lately! 



All better! 


Easter morning Carter and Claire were up before 6.  They patiently waited until 7:15 when we decided to wake up Prince Charming from his beauty rest 
(yes both Case and Jeremy) The older two had fun passing the time spotting eggs outside while waiting for their brother and dad to join the festivities. 





Claire trying out her "Stompee's" the Easter bunny left for her! 



Chocolate for breakfast anyone? 
Special homemade Easter baskets from Grandma Berry. 

After the morning festivities, we met my parents, grandma Mehlmann and my sister at Prairie Meadows for Easter buffet. It was completely amazing! We stuffed ourselves silly. At one point my dad asked, " I wonder how long we can stay here?" I don't even want to know how much weight I gained. I still feel full 2 weeks later! I have also decided I need to hide the Easter candy out of my reach...I can't stay out of it! Those darn Cadbury Creme eggs and jelly beans just call my name....I hear them now.....

2 comments:

Megan and Shawn said...

Oh...sad I saw our house in the picture of Carter and Claire looking for eggs!( It was so great to talk to you - I miss our conversations. I'm glad Easter was great and Amen to the easter candy addiction!! I have to throw it away or I eat every last piece.

Unknown said...

I feel so much better that B still has his pacifier now that I see Case has his!!! :)