Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bits

1. Football season is here and no matter which team you root for, you gotta love cute kids all dressed up. Let's just say, this is what happens when dad is in charge of dressing the kids...

but mommy has much better taste and think the kids look much cuter in these outfits! 


2. Beaverdale fall fest was this past weekend so while Jeremy was working ( yes working on a weekend..he wants everyone to know he had to work on a weekend) I took the kids to this great festival on a gorgeous day to boot. They had one of the best parades I have ever seen and lots of great shows and activities for the kids. We can home with two heaping bags of candy which I am tempted to recycle for Halloween! 



Case enjoying his first sucker!

3 Dance class!  This is Claire's first attempt at any organized activity. She was SO excited to start both tap and ballet this past week at Charlee's Elite School of Dance. I was able to watch her from an observation window and she did a great job. Most of the girls in her class have had a year or two of experience already but she kept right up and was an awesome listener. Needless to say, I think she will have her tap shoes worn out before the recital as she taps all day long around the kitchen! 


4. Grandma Mehlmann turned 96 on Sept 4th. I had the day off so was lucky to spend some time with her that day. She is truly an amazing woman. She kept telling people at the restaurant we took her to " I didn't expect to live this long but I guess I God still needs me here" She raised 6 kids with my grandpa on the farm, has 15 grand kids and 17 great grand kids. She loves quilting, reading, and putting together puzzles. She always remembers every one's  birthday and anniversary. Isn't she the cutest?

5. Crash/head wound Harry, I think my mom should fit me for a helmet, I will be the first child to end up in the ER..

So you would never know this sweet sleeping baby is a monster! Last Friday he came home with 3 accident reports! I think he nearly gave his poor Joy and Vicki a heart attack! Joy calls me around 2:00 Friday afternoon to let me know Case had some extra paperwork to show me! He bumped his head on a bookshelf leaving a nasty mark,  fell face first reaching for a toy and bruised his nose and believe it or not, pulled a rocking chair over on top of him! Funny thing is, the chair didn't leave a mark on him! To top it off, the gate was left open to the stairs Friday night and he managed to tumble down them. I might need to take out some more insurance for this guy! 



Part of his problem is he is too smart for his own britches! He threw his little orange ball up into the computer chair a few nights ago and couldn't reach it. So he pushed this box up to it, crawled up and grabbed the ball. He proceeds to turn around, sit down in the chair and clap for himself! Stinky! 


1 comment:

Megan and Shawn said...

Oh dear, Case sounds like a Jack in the making! Brace yourself.....